Many screen reader users rely on a pages heading structure to navigate. If we keep our heading structure consistant from path to path a returning screen reader user will know what to expect. This will make it easier for them to find the areas of the page that they are looking for.
- Headings that occur on all search result pages are consistant in wording and heading level.
- Headings that occur on all checkout pages are consistant in wording and heading level.
- Headings that occur on all itinerary pages are consistant in wording and heading level.
- Reference similar components on other lines of business, for example the sort and filter or search result heading levels.
- Notice that the footer and most alerts are
h5's. This is to ensure that they are low enough to fit in with the heading structure on all pages of the site.